Information Technology Consultant 2
The Information Technology Services Department within the Finance & Administration Division on the Klamath Falls campus of Oregon Tech invites applications for the position of Information Technology Consultant 2.
This position provides application, hardware, and classroom/AV technology support for students, faculty, staff, and administration. It engages in evaluation of new technology and the planning, testing, training, and implementation necessary for successful organizational adoption. This position engages as a collaborative participant in ITS technology decisions regarding end-user applications. This position is highly self-directed and relies heavily on the judgement necessary for independent decision-making with critical attention to the customer relationship.
Information Technology Services is responsible for the development, implementation, and operation of information technology systems and communications networks for Oregon Tech. The following objectives are central to our mission: Support student computer labs, academic computing, and administrative systems, and maintain system functions; develop, recommend, and implement strategic solutions utilizing emerging information technologies to sustain and improve services to the continually changing Oregon Tech campus environment; and strive to provide cost-effective, reliable and responsive services to all areas of the institution. There are two openings for this position.
For more information, visit: http://www.oit.edu/faculty-staff/technology-services.
This classification requires a basic foundation of knowledge and skills of technology and information systems generally obtained through an AA degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or similar certified course work in applicable fields of study and at least one year of related work experience.
For examples of typical skills for each core function, please visit https://fa.oregonstate.edu/classification-specification/information-technology-consultant
- Proven experience providing high-quality customer service as a service desk technician addressing tier 1 and tier 2 service requests.
- Working knowledge of office automation products, device and application security, system and networking issues as they apply to the user experience.
- Broad understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, classroom technology and other technical products.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve moderately complex (tier 2) technical issues that span multiple service areas, applications or user communities.
- Exercise judgement necessary to escalate tier 3, business critical or sensitive tickets to the appropriate resource.
- Ability to effectively and respectfully work, communicate, and collaborate in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings.
- Excellent oral and written communication; high degree of competency in communicating technical issues to non-technical individuals.
- Possess the level of professionalism necessary to serve all levels of the University.
- Ability to evaluate the efficacy of service desk processes and propose improvements.
- Ability to move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- A passion for IT and for providing customer service in a way that builds strong relationships and garners support and respect for university processes and assets.
- Enjoys fast-paced work environment, able to move with agility between tasks, willing to train and mentor and displays the confidence to engage as an influencer within ITS and with customers.
- Is self-directed and takes initiative both as an individual contributor and ITS team member.
- Provide training and mentoring for student workers with ease.
- Maintains a positive attitude toward work, customers and the University as a whole.
- Displays integrity and accountability.
- Manage time effectively to maximize outcomes and meet deadlines.
Special Instructions to Applicant:
The initial review of applications is scheduled for 09/26/2023. Applications will continue to be accepted after the initial review date until a sufficient applicant pool has been achieved or the position is filled. Therefore, at the discretion of the University, materials received after the initial review date may not receive full consideration.
To apply, visit: https://jobs.oit.edu/postings/6047
Then, upload the following elements in a single electronic document to your application.
1. A cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position
2. A resume
For additional information, please contact Search Chair, Tony Richey: email@example.com
Oregon Tech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring, or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion or creed, sex or gender, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis in law.
Oregon Tech is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Office of Human Resources.
To peruse other employment opportunities at Oregon's premiere polytechnic university, visit the Oregon Tech Job Board: https://jobs.oit.edu
Oregon Tech proudly offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees; to learn more about the comprehensive offering of benefits visit: https://www.oit.edu/human-resources/benefits