Retail Manager I
This position is located at our Seaside, OR branch.
What’s Important to You
We know your career is just one aspect of a meaningful, complex, and demanding life. That’s why we designed our compensation and benefits package to provide employees and their families with as much choice as possible.
- Accrue and use your paid time off (PTO) immediately – no waiting period – plus paid federal holidays in addition to PTO.
- To assist employees in paying down student loan debt, we will make monthly payments of $100 directly to eligible loan service providers on behalf of our employees until the loan is paid off.
- Our retirement plan is one of the best in the region, including a 6% employer match on your 401(k). Employees (including temporary) scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week are automatically enrolled day one.
- The health and happiness of the places we call home matter to us. Learn a little more about what we do for the communities we serve, and why we want YOU to be a part of it.
We encourage you to apply. Reach for what you want and tell us why your work ethic and willingness to learn make you a natural fit for #TeamFirstInterstate.
Responsible for the delivery of outstanding customer service, achievement of growth goals, operational efficiencies and development of Financial Service Representatives, typically in a branch with assets of less than $50MM. Responsible for developing and maintaining client relationships utilizing the full spectrum of banking services with emphasis on First Interstate Bank’s Service Commitments and in accordance with our vision and values. This is a producing position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: other duties may be assigned.
- Facilitate integrated delivery of financial services and products, including referring clients to the appropriate department or division.
- Responsible for the effective use of 360View including First 15, recording appropriate activities, incidents, referrals and marketing.
- Responsible for the selection, placement, performance, development, promotion, and termination of branch employees.
- Coach and mentor employees in learning the skills required for their role.
- Effective use of the dashboard to monitor and measure performance.
- Ensures operational efficiency, compliance and quality standards are met.
- Responsible for all aspects of branch security in accordance with First Interstate Bank's security policy.
- Responsible for positive community relations in the branch market area. Works in a coordinated effort with all branches to in the market to foster One First Interstate in the community.
- Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job functions and applies to designated job responsibilities (knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training.)
- Keeps up to date on regulation changes; follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
- Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the First Interstate corporate culture in all actions and words.
- Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate; embraces our vision, values and mission.
Manages a branch or possibly two in a market.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION &/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and three plus (3+) years related experience and/or training required, or Associate’s degree. Supervisory or management experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
Attention to detail including verbal and written instructions; maintain confidentiality; effective use of tact and diplomacy as it relates to clients and co-workers; working knowledge and use of a personal computer, Word/Excel software programs; valid driver’s license; customer service background in retail or banking; demonstrated sales skills; ability to coach, mentor or train other and teach coursework as a subject matter expert.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk & use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.