Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
We are recruiting for a COTA to serve the Ocean Beach, Naselle and Wahkiakum school districts. This position is 37.5 hrs/wk, school year schedule.
The full range for this position is $28.39 - $34.54 per hour. Offers are made at the entry level of the range.
Reporting directly to the Occupational Therapist, the Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant is responsible for supporting and assisting students with disabilities in various settings. The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, consistent with the individual education plan (IEP) or the Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP), assists the Physical and/or Occupational Therapist with implementing and documenting treatment programs for students and children.
- Assist the Physical and/or Occupational Therapist, consistent with the IEP and/or IFSP goals, to implement the therapy program including exercises, activities of daily living skills, and ambulatory techniques.
- Construct, adapt, and monitor adaptive equipment. Consult with teachers and parents on use.
- Maintain records of student progress, attendance, and other required activities.
- Prepare projects and materials for conducting individual and group motor skills programs.
- Follow established procedures from referral to discharge with appropriate communication to supervisors.
- Monitor instructional assistants in daily motor skills program.
- Consult with classroom staff/education team members and parents regarding implementing motor skills program.
- Assist the Physical and/or Occupational Therapist in the assessment of students and the development of IFSP/IEP goals.
- Participate as a member of the education team. May attend parent conferences.
- Associate's degree in occupational therapy assistant.
- Have or are eligible to hold a certified occupational therapy assistant license in the state of Washington.
For a complete list of job functions, qualifications, and to apply, visit the online job posting at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/esd112/jobs/3995837/